Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Three Things

Ok, I have three items to share today. I thought about three different posts but...naa, I'll just get everything going at once.
1. My friend Stevan (www.stevansheets.com) is the master computer guy. He is the guy that has a new post, great links, and tons of worth reading things on his website. Well, today he added us to his list of blogs. It may not mean much to others but to this old guy, well, I feel like I've arrived. Thank you my friend, you've made my day. Go read his stuff, it's great.

2. I should have made this number one cause if you go to Stevan's you'll see that he talked about this too. Americas Got Talent, Terry Fator, the winner. I was glad to see this guy win. Cas Haley will go on to make some money singing, he was good. Terry on the other hand, I think this was a one time shot. So I'm happy about the turn out. Did any of you catch the show?

3. Lap top computers. I am looking to buy a lap top. I have been to Walmart.com, Best Buy, Staples and Dell. I have found some that look cool but here is my dilemma. I don't know what type of processor I need. What about the wireless card, upgrade for 50 bucks or go with the one that comes with the machine, get the better batteries? So many options and I'm clueless. Feel free to give me some advice. But you should know, I can't afford a Mac! And I'm old, you know what they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Sorry Mac guys.
That's it, my 3 picks of the day. ~Brian~

7 comments:

Andy said...

Brian,

Since you're not getting mac there's no need to buy another computer, but if you fail to heed my warning and buy one anyway ... i would first go here, http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops.html?tag=img.lt . CNET is pretty standard for what's good and what's not. You should also buy a copy of Consumer Reports from the local newspaper stand. They may have some things online, but there's a membership fee or something. This is what I would do, and they can give you the lowdown on basically anything and everything you need to know!

Andy

Stevan said...

i got a shout-out!
i got a shout-out!
i got a shout-out!

Keetha Broyles said...

I HOPED Sevan would give you a comment since he's your hero and the rest of us may be mad at you for NOT mentioning us!!! :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

That should be Stevan - - - - sorry!!

Bette said...

Well, I have a Dell (inspiron b130) and so far, so good...if you go to the Dell site, you can build your own computer.... it helps if you KNOW what processor, wireless stuff, cards, etc., that you want. And that's what you are asking - but I'm too dumb to figure that out - I asked my teenage son - the "master" :)

Sis

Bette said...

Oh yeah - PS - the Consumer Report has computers in it this month (or maybe it was last month?)

Rock on

Unknown said...

Hi Brian! Bill and I swear by our HP laptops. As a Best Buy employee, Bill would also tell you that you want a Core Duo (or maybe it's a Core II Duo, I forget)processor, and that the wireless card that comes "standard" is more than enough for average use.

He would also tell you to shy away from Dell because they aren't built as well, even if they are to order, and should you ever need any updates or fixes, it would have to go through Dell as most retail stores don't stock Dell parts or accessories.

Bill would also tell you to support your fellow ministers and shop Best Buy for all your electronics needs! LOL