Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fair-Weather Gardener

I love to work in the garden...I love to work in the flower beds...I love to work in the yard...AS LONG AS IT'S 70 DEGREES AND SHADY!!! Tonight I finally got it...after a summer of neglect (due to never being home or the weather not cooperating) I was finally able to weed the flower garden!!! Believe it or not, there were still flowers in there! Enjoy some random pictures of the evenings activities. ~Jaye~
Joseph hitching a ride from G-Ma on a pile of weeds!

Big Foot has been in our garden!!

A sad little birdie who fell from its nest
"Mom, you better watch for aphids on your flowers!" This was a random quote from Anna one night as she was helping me with dinner. It was after her second day of school...guess what they're learning about!! Jess snapped this picture just to remind us of that moment!!

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my goodness!!! Are those HUGE dark things aphids? The ones I've seen before were very tiny and white.

The Hollands said...

Well, we don't know...but that's what they reminded us of!

Keetha Broyles said...

I don't know either - - - but that IS the way aphids clump and hang on plants.

Those are some HEALTHY aphids if aphids they are!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Too bad "Big Foot" didn't WEED while he was in your garden!!!