Friday, August 10, 2007

The Farmers Holland

Background info: the last 13 days temperatures have been in the 90's, Humidity 110%! Translation: HOT and STICKY!

Over the last few weeks life has been really busy with camps, vacation, work, etc. We haven't spent the time working outside in the yard or garden like we've wanted. With all the global warming that is going on, we have watched out the window from our air conditioned house as the weeds take over our flower beds and garden. They are doing a good job! I wish the flowers grew like weeds. Tonight we finally caught a break! The temperature dropped to a chilly 82ish and the humidity was a bit lower so Jaye took advantage of the cooling opportunity. Into the garden she went with the help of the troops. You can see the bounty of green beans and tomatoes (tomatoes are from a raid into the neighbors garden, shhhh don't tell). The green beans are great, only one problem...Granny, who lives in our old garage out back, is on vacation. She is the one that helps us snap the beans to get them ready for canning. I think she left on purpose so she didn't have to help this year. Smart woman. ~Brian~

Notice the tomato seeds on Joseph...
He thought they were little red balls.

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Good for you guys!!!

I don't "do" garden - - - I don't want to hoe, I don't want to weed, I don't want to pick, and I don't want to can - - - - so I leave all that for you guys who are far more domestic than I!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

My friend Mark O Wilson keeps a list of "Wesleyan Bloggers" - - - kind of a misnomer since it is REALLY Wesleyan PASTOR Bloggers. I can't be on the list, but I submitted your blog and you have been added. Check it out. Mark's blog is www.revitalizeyourchurch.blogspot.com and then in the right hand margin click on Wesleyan Bloggers. You'll find some names, besides your own, in that list which you recognize.

The Hollands said...

Yea, we checked it out the other day. Thanks for adding us! Did you know the connection that I have with Mark? He was my 1st youth pastor at Eastview...before Mark Atkinson came. We "found" each other once again at the Charlotte youth convention. I've been to his family blog http://www.northwoodswilsons.blogspot.com/ but I had never gone to "his". Now we're on it..tee/hee. I'm not sure if he's made the connection of who I am yet...Jaye Armstrong/Jaye Holland. I'll have to let him in on it! Thanks, Keetha...you're our biggest fan!! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE your blog!!!

Hey - - - we go to Mark's church every summer when we're in WI on vacation!!! He's even asked me (several years ago) to come on staff there as the children's pastor!!! Well, I couldn't do it and he has since hired someone really good at it!!! :-)

Jaye - - - about Site Meter. It does NOT tell you the e-mail address of the visitors but there is a button on the side for "location" which will tell you where they came from and another for "referrals" which will tell you whose blog they came to you from. Between the two things it is sometimes pretty easy to guess who they might be.

I have fun with it anyway.