Thursday, January 10, 2008

They Pulled it Off!!

I have NEVER been more surprised at anything than I was tonight! Thru lots of clever planning Brian and the kiddos pulled it off...a surprise 40th b-day party! When the kids got home from school we went thru the normal birthday routine of opening my presents. Then off to the kitchen they went to bake my traditional German Chocolate Cake. After a bit, Jessica and I went upstairs to do some planned scrapbooking/card making. I didn't realize she had turned the radio up so that I wouldn't hear the crowd of people making their way into our kitchen. I knew that Brian was grilling a steak for me and preparing the table for a fun/festive dinner and that's why I couldn't come downstairs. Just when the creative, crafty juices started to flow, he came and got me for dinner. I was lead into the kitchen with eyes closed only to be surprised by a bunch of my dear friends! What a GREAT night and I have to say I was totally surprised. Looking back on the past week, I should've caught on several times but didn't! I'm glad though...it was the best b-day ever! Enjoy some pictures...I won't post them all in order to protect the innocent! ~Jaye

Suzie and Joseph

Angie, Meredith and Kent

Amanda, Joseph and Anna

Bekah and me

Krista, Payge and Meredith

Brian enjoying the black icing!

The Perpetrators

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaye, you are GORGEOUS at 40!!! Happy Birthday.

Tina said...

I'm right behind you at 37. We both look extremely well. And yes, it's genetics for me too! We just can't help but be beautiful. :O)

Keetha Broyles said...

54 for me. :-(

The Hollands said...

ahh..thank you my friends!! It's all just a # anyway! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

So Brian, now that your Bears aren't in the playoffs, who are you pulling for - - - and IF you say the Patriots, I'm coming over there and stepping on your head!!!! ;-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Finally, after two and a half years of blogging, I figured out how to make a link list - - - go find yourself on my list!!! :-)