Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mom-isms

Yes...slowly but surely I am becoming my Mom!! I look like her, I act like her and more and more I'm talking like her. Monday on the way home from picking Anna up from school...I said it! She had the window down with her arm hanging out and I said, "You be careful or you're gonna draw back a bloody stub!" It always worked on me when I was a kid...Mom put the fear into me that if I put my hand out the window I would be one handed for the rest of my days!! :) It didn't work so much for Anna, she just asked, "What's a bloody stub?" Another "Mom-ism" is, "You better knock it off or I'll take you down a few notches!" Not sure what that really meant other than we knew she was serious and we better straighten up. I didn't hear that as much as my brother!! :) One of my favorite, "If in doubt, don't." I may still hang my hand out the window but I will always follow this last one...and it has proved true over and over again!

Cheri Colter, our pastors wife, shared in bible study this past week that she has found her daughter using the same lines on her kids that were used on her...so it's not just me!! Just curious...how are you becoming like your mom and what do you think of that??

btw...this little beauty of a picture was obviously taken in the early 70's...one of my favs! :)

3 comments:

Bekah said...

YES I AM BECOMING MY MOTHER TOO AND I AM ONLY THIRTY!!!!!! lol. For me - at least right now - it's not so much the verbal expressions as it is the "looks." I feel them on my face and I think - oh I have become my mother!!!!!

What will I be if I ever have kids???

I love that picture - that is great!

Keetha Broyles said...

That is an awesome picture, and you look then just like Anna looks now.

Anonymous said...

I asked my daughter what "mom-isms" she remembers. (Don't make that face - it might freeze like that! and Don't make me turn this car around!) I bought her a plaque that says: Mirror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!

I guess we all have them! Some of these have been working for a long time. My favorite is - I hope you have a kid just like you someday!

Connie