Friday, April 10, 2009

A day in the life....of the Hollands

Jaye got her sewing machine out today to work on a birthday gift for one of the little guys from church. Liam is having a party tomorrow and is a big fan of Lightning McQueen. He will soon be the proud owner of a new homemade pillow. While she was working on the pillow, Wesley and I were surfing the youtube site looking at paintball stuff. I have been wanting a sling for my gun...there are several youtube videos on how to make your own. I was inspired so I made one of my own. We all had a nice time working with Jaye's new sewing machine.

As you can see my many days in home ec class have paid off so many years later. Now Jaye on the other hand has honed her skills over the years. So what are the skills and hobbies you share with your special someone?





4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Not sewing for me!!! I HATE it. BUT, I'm certainly glad you two are enjoying it. Do double just for me, won't ya????

Bette said...

Brian! You always did SO MUCH better in sewing than I did - you made shop aprons and other kewl stuff... I made ugly peasant blouses (it was the 70s) and hideous other things - never did learn how to put in a zipper - took the F and moved on...... Glad you found it a skill you could use!!

YOU GO!!

Sis

Anonymous said...

Pete and I love to share our hobbies!

I cook... he eats!
He kayaks... I drop him off and pick him up!

I shop.... he pays the bills!

How much better can life get? ;o)

Connie

The Hollands said...

Connie, I was chatting with your hubby about getting my canoe wet. I'm hopen' we can do some paddling together this year. ~Brian