Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks-Giving

What am I thankful for?
The important things:
  • My amazing wife. She is the best and I don't deserve her. This year will be 20 years :)
  • Four great kids. They are healthy, wise, funny and all around super. The best kids in the world!
  • Many good friends. I'm blessed with some great friends. You'll never know how much I appreciate you.
  • A great church. The best ever! I'm very blessed for this church family.
  • A great job. I'm a youth pastor, I couldn't imagine a better job. Well, maybe chaplain for the Bears, but I don't think I'll be getting a call from Lovie very soon
Less important things:
  • The garage roof is finished! Wesley and I got up there this week and finished it up. We worked all day, but it is finished. Joseph shares our EXCITEMENT. (I just have to finish the front porch)

  • I'm still driving my first car. It's almost 40 years old, can't believe it.
  • My fancy new lap top computer. Thank you Dell, nice work.
  • Mt Dew. Nothing tastes better.
  • My tools. Thanks Dad for the many donations. Thanks Jaye and the kids for my fathers day gift...craftsman 19v cordless.
  • A huge turkey fryer. Thanksgiving dinner was amazing because of it.
  • Sleep
I really wanted to mention all the things I'm thankful for but I think my list would look much like yours. Plus, it would be a really long list. Things like, X Box 360 and the time I get to hang out with Wesley playing it, a big tv to watch football, my Chicago Bears, being able to take three weeks vacation, hanging out with my district buddies, watching my teens grow up to be great adults and seeing them make a difference for God's Kingdom, music and the list goes on and on..... So what's on your list? ~Brian

2 comments:

Bekah said...

I'm thankful for all of you! Thanks for adopting me in as a friend. :)

Chris said...

I'm thankful that I have a God who knows me and that I can trust Him to keep showing me the way.

I'm also very thankful for the bestest family ever! Even more bestest than Brian's....well, not that I mean this Brian or anything....

HA!

Only two more days!