Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Band Concert

I love going to watch high school football when I know some of the kids on the team. But what I like better than that is watching my daughter play clarinet in the band. I love the way the music all comes together and the huge sound that a high school band brings. That's what I think is so cool about music. It must be great being a part of something so big. I like to try to listen for each type of instrument and to pick out what that sound brings to the song. Jessica is a great kid and has always had a "thing" for music. I remember when she was little and just learning how to talk. One day she was watching Sesame Street and the song "These are the People in your Neighborhood" started to play. Her eyes lit up and she ran to her bedroom and grabbed a wind up toy that played the same song. Now here we are 12 years later and she is playing in the band. I'm so proud of her. She is a great kid! Jaye and I are truly blessed to have such great kids.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

How could they be anything BUT great with parents like you guys!!!!

Pastor Brian said...

Thanks, we try hard to be good parents...but I think so much of being a good parent is having good kids. We feel fortunate and blessed.
~bh

Keetha Broyles said...

And you are!!!