Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Advance


This weekend Jaye and I spent time with some of the greatest people we know. Our district church hosts an event for youth workers called "The Advance." It is a weekend designed to help us, encourage us and train us in youth ministry to keep moving forward. I have to say it was a great weekend. I love hanging out with these people, not only the group from my church but also others from around the district. I wish that the rest of our youth team were able to go. I think next year I'll work harder getting them there.
We shared in a service on Friday night in which we
youth pastors were able to show our sponsors that we appreciate them. I am blessed professionally to be able to work with a great group of adults. I wish I could somehow share with them the way I feel. The speaker used a clip from the movie "Field of Dreams" where Kevin Costner played catch with his ghost Dad. Great clip. We then were able to say "thanks" to our team for "playing catch" with us. I gave them a baseball with a little "I love you" kinda thing written on it. I really had all kinds of things I wanted to say but didn't get to because I got a little emotional. We have the best at Chapel Pike. I appreciate them and couldn't do a good job of ministry without them.
I'm also pretty blessed to have a great group of friends working ar
ound the district as youth pastors. I love the group of youth pastors around here, their friendship means a lot to me. The guys and gal do a great job.


Part of our youth team.
My heroes and me

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Nice picture!!!

Suzie Q said...

Minus Suzie because she is not technically a youth sponsor :(

I always will be at heart though!

The Hollands said...

We do miss Suzie helping in our youth ministry. But hey Hartford City needed you, they better appreciate you! We miss you Suzie Q.