Monday, November 19, 2007

A Mom Moment

The other day as I was making dinner, Anna came in wanting to help. Anna loves to help in the kitchen so this was nothing new. She wanted to help me peel potatoes. I handed her the peeler and let her go at it. She looked over at me realizing I was peeling three potatoes to her one. She said, "That's not fair. You're so much faster at it than I am." It was right then that I remembered telling my mom exactly the same thing when I was younger. I remembered her answer to me many years ago and I passed that same answer on to Anna this weekend. "I've been doing this for a long time. You keep practicing and you'll be fast at it too!" I guess my mom was right...I'm now a pretty fast potato peeler. Boy, I just wish I could cut up a whole chicken to fry like she does!!

No comments: