Friday, July 24, 2009

Mini Update

Wow. We have been very blog neglectful. Sorry.
Here is a brief update.
  • We are back from vacation. You'll get a full run down of that. We spent a week in Louisville, KY. Jessica and I went to Gurus, a church tech conference.
  • We went to Eastview Wesleyan Church for our last vacation Sunday. It was great to see all our old church family.
  • After finishing up vacation we jumped right into VBS. Jessica and Jaye are group leaders and I am leading the recreation portion of VBS. Wow, those kids are really wearing me down.
  • Our friends the Quicks leave for Hong Kong tomorrow....It's going to be hard on the red head to see them go. Well, to be honest it's going to be hard on all of us. We've enjoyed having them stay in Granny's empty house for the last couple weeks. That's been an extra blessing for us! :)
  • Family camp starts next week, should be a hoot. We are looking forward to that.
  • Pastor Steve starts his sabbatical Aug 1st so I get to preach every Sunday and be the "real" pastor for a month.
  • I was voted in this month as District Youth President. I'm very honored to have been elected. I'm excited to be working with some of the best youth pastors in the Wesleyan church.
  • Jaye was voted on to the District Board of Administration. She's excited and a little nervous about that!
That's the run down....We'll try to get back into the swing after we rest up from VBS. That might take a month...lot's of little kids.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! Every Sunday in August! Man, for all the times I wish I could here you preach. Congrats on the President! You'll be great!

Keetha Broyles said...

So, now do I need to address you as "Mr. President" or as "Your Honor" or would you prefer "Your Highness?"

Anonymous said...

VBS was great! I got to practice all of my beginning of the year Kindergarten strategies! At least by the end of the week, they could make a good line and go down the hall. I enjoyed almost every minute of it! I know the kids enjoyed every single minute!

Thanks for all you did to help introduce them to Jesus!

Connie

Bette said...

Apology accepted - sounds like no let-up in sight :)

Amanda said...

maybe i will drop in some Sunday morning and hear you preach...i am sure it will be good :)