Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Vacation 09-Day 2

Great day! We started off with a visit to Gas City Park/Zoo. Today was "cradle school". Jaye, Joseph and myself decorated a paper turtle with markers/pipe cleaners/buttons. Then a quick snack and the highlight of the trip....feeding food pellets to hungry, headbutting goats. We also had the opportunity to feed some deer which was pretty cool.


After that we swung by Eastview to say hi to their new pastor...but he was in a meeting. Home for
lunch then a quick trip back to Gas City for the big canoe trip.

Wesley and I put in at Gas City Park and floated down stream to Marion. I have done the Mississinewa River from Upland to Gas City many times but this was my first trip to Marion. I think people would be really surprised at how pretty the river is from Gas City to Marion. It took us about 3.5 hours. It was a long trip. My friend Pete should have been with us...maybe next time. Wes said it was fun but really long, he thought it would be a much quicker trip.

I'd like you to meet Daisy. This dog started following us about 5 minutes into the trip. She stayed with us the entire way...3.5 hours! She swam, ran along the bank and stayed right along side of us. Wes and I tried to ditch her but with no luck. When we ended our trip she swam up to shore about two minutes after us. We called her owner (she had tags) and he drove over from Jonesboro to pick her up.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Now THIS is more like a vacation instead of a workation.

You guys CRACK ME UP - - - how could you be WRONG with an answer like that, but I'm LOOKING for a number. Silly gooses.

Hey - - - I'm not sure quite how it happened, but I'll be back from vacation at the BEGINNING of camp - - - I'll be out there starting Tuesday. Will you guys be there?

Anonymous said...

Your friend Pete would have loved to be there. Call him up any Saturday!
He gets home too late for a week day. That kayak of his has missed being on the water this year.

He enjoyed the trip from Matthews to Gas city last year. I don't know if he has paddled from Gas City to Marion. He belongs to what is loosely called a paddling club out of Kokomo, if you would ever like to go on a different trip.

Connie

Amanda said...

beautiful dog! looks like a border collie which they make amazing pets :) i am a little biased though hehe. looks like you guys had fun though! :)