Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation 09-Day 3 & 4

Well yesterday wasn't as exciting as most would like to see on a vacation day....but I did get to do some things that I don't often get to do. I started with one of my favorite things to do, I mowed. The yard is pretty dry and we could use some rain. After getting the yard mowed I started to clean up the yard. We had a spot behind the garage that has been looking pretty "hillbilly" for a long time. Weeds had grown up and I had a big stack of old lumber from when we started on Granny's house. We got the wood clean up and the weeds pulled. I must say it looks pretty nice. After that I started on cleaning the garage...which carried over to day 4.

Today was sleep in day. Nice :) So after a little extra time in the sack I headed to Lowes and picked up a new outside water spicket. Then back to Lowes to get a longer one. I installed that, no leaks. My next project was Joseph's jeep. You've seen the pictures on here before. It is over 12 years old and the red paint has faded a little over time to the point where some have called it pink. It happened again the other day so I decided to paint it. Jaye, Joseph and myself taped it off and gave it fresh coat of RED paint. It looks pretty sweet. After that, more cleaning in the garage. Not a lot of wild crazy fun but it was nice to get the opportunity to do it.


Taping the Jeep

Joseph and his RED jeep

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

INFINITELY better than PINK

Anna said...

He's got a nice looking Jeep now. Almost as nice as mine and better than the Evil Jeep :) Eric didn't know it was so old, that's why he called it pink. I'm sure he is sorry.

Bette said...

WHAT???? Not man enough for a PINK JEEP? Be strong - be secure in your masculinity :)

Aunt Bette

Amanda said...

spiffy! nice paint job dad! ;)