Friday, October 24, 2008

Praising God for His Blessings!

Why is it that I KNOW the Lord will provide our needs when we are obedient to Him, BUT I am always amazed at how He does so...so unexpectedly?!?!?!? This is just ONE example of several that I can think of that has happened within the last couple weeks.

CLOTHES, CLOTHES and MORE CLOTHES!!

We've been so fortunate to have several families in our church that have been so giving in this area! My kids are ALWAYS growing and ALWAYS out-growing their clothes...what gives???? Anyway, it never fails that someone will bring a sack of clothes into church that their kid has just outgrown and that my kid can fit right in!! Or they'll tell me of a rummage they are having and let me go thru their stuff first!! How cool is that!!!

Here's Anna with her latest haul...3 garbage bags of cute, "tween" clothes! She's started going thru them to see what fits and what we need to give back to be passed on to someone else. Because I won't allow more clothes than what fits in her dresser...I'm sure we'll be passing back quite a bit!! :)

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I always LOVED getting hand-me-downs as a kid - - - they were REAL Store-bought clothes!!!

I always loved it EVEN MORE when people gave hand-me-downs to our kids.

WOOOOOO HOOOOO for hand-me-downs.

Bette said...

I prefer the term "pre-owned" clothing....... or even "vintage"

:)

Bette

Unknown said...

I think its wonderful too! I love hand-me-down, pre-worn, vintage - I don't care what ya call it, I love it!