Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why Am I Like This!!!

What is it in my "make-up" that prevents me from throwing away a shoe box?? Let's face it, the shoes will NEVER be stored in them again. They don't make great storage containers because you can't SEE what's inside of them. You always have to pull them off the shelf and look in...you might as well drop a $1.00 at Dollar General and get some baskets!! Still, as you can see by the picture, I can't bear the thought of throwing them away. I guess you just never know when you'll need a good box with a lid!!

These shoe boxes were just at arms length when I took the picture.
There are many more in various spots through-out the house.
They all will be joining the rest of my collection up in the attic...just in case!!
~Jaye

6 comments:

Jess said...

They're great Valentine boxes for elementary school kids! They can decorate top and bottom and cut a slit in the lid! Joseph has it made, but you could also donate the rest to his class room, when the time comes, so everyone's is the same side! That teacher would love you!

THE NET said...

I do admit, they have come in handy for several school projects!! And just yesterday Wesley bestowed his army men collection to Joseph...so there ya go! Good thing I had an extra shoe box!!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny you posted that. I am the exact same way. I can't seem to get rid of a shoe box. I store old pictures in them and just the other day I filled up an entire shoe box with Josh's junk from a junk drawer and stuck it in the garage for him to go through. :) By the way somehow I have the VCR tape from our Arizona mission trip from 1992. I am not sure how I ended up with it. I was going through an old box of VCR tapes and watched it with my niece. I'll have to get it to you guys so you can see it. Talk to you later!! Mindy

Keetha Broyles said...

Just this summer I threw away about ten shoe boxes that had been collecting dust, unused, in my closet. I had a hard time doing it - - - but just bit the bullet, closed my eyes, and THREW THEM OUT!

The Hollands said...

Mindy...I love it that you read our blog...it's great to be back in touch! I would love to see that tape...I'm sure it would be a hoot! BTW, I keep old photos in shoeboxes also...Off the top of my head I know there are a bunch of YOU in there...with a twin who shall remain nameless!!! :)

Bekah said...

Believe it or not - I actually will part with a shoebox (if i'm not using it to store the shoes that came in it). That shocks me. You'd think I'd keep them too! But I support your habit fully.