Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sh-Cool Days!!

The kids are back in school today!! Yesterday was a half day. Anna came home very excited...Jess came home loaded with Biology homework...Wes came home hungry!! Ahhh...back in the old routine!

I blogged about this last year but I feel the same again this year! I love being back into the groove of school. I love the routine. I love the new adventure for my kids. I love being able to give Joseph more of my attention. I love not feeling like I have to be the "entertainer". Hmmm...I don't love the early mornings!! At least it's daylight outside when we get up...for a little longer anyway!

We've started the process of potty training with Joseph. Yesterday we did good until about noon...then we were both fed up with it and put the diaper back on! Today he's wearing his Spiderman underwear and pretty proud of them!! Only one accident and 3 successes on the potty...but it's only 10 am! Man, who knew this kid peed so much!! Just in writing this blog we've ran in for two false alarms!! My strategy has always been "potty candy". You go potty in the potty and you get a few skittles...just Joseph, not the whole family. Although, I've noticed someone has been treating themselves to the potty candy because the jar in almost empty!! Anyway, I think Joseph is catching on the the "candy" aspect of it all....guess we may have to switch to a sticker chart!

BTW...the sign in the above picture is just down the road. The kids pass it on the bus every day and Jess finally went down to take a picture of it! ~Jaye

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Someone told me to float a cheerio on the potty water and tell the little guy to hit it!!! Maybe that would help?

Bette said...

Good idea Keehta! We should train the BIG BOYS too! :)

Bette (Brian's sis)

Keetha Broyles said...

I imagine the "big boys" would make a real competition out of hitting the cheerio!!!

I can't believe you didn't go back to school until this week - - - we've been in for nearly two weeks now. (Kids three days less)

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaye - - - I gave you a blogging award over on my blog today, check it out!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Glad to see you're back online... love reading your posts.

I feel your potty training pain. Savannah started last month with no luck. We will try again in a month or so. Hmmm, maybe I should have tried the candy.

Sarah said...

Only in Marion would you find a sign spelling SCHOOL SHCOOL.