Monday, March 10, 2008

Our Camera

If you remember, a few blogs ago I told you that our camera was broken at the District All-nighter. We dug out the receipt and found that the camera was less than a year old, well 11 months old to be exact. After a little research we learned that Canon has a one year warranty on their stuff. I have to say that we were a bit skeptical on what it would take to get the "warranty work" done. Let me tell you about the process. I first called Best Buy in Ft Wayne because that is where we purchased the camera. I was on the phone-on hold-for 22 minutes. You guessed it, I got angry and hung up. So looking around online I found the Canon site and called them. They were amazing! The dude I talked to told me everything I needed to do to get the camera to them. He was very knowledgeable, very friendly and very helpful. He said, "I'll send you an email with all the instructions as soon as we get off the phone." 5 minutes after we hung up I had the email. I followed the instructions and sent in the camera. I received another email from Canon saying they received the camera and that the cost was 0 dollars to fix. It was covered in the warranty. They also said it would be fixed within 10 days. Whatever, ten days, yea right.

I got the camera back early, it is fixed and works great. Canon is now my favorite customer care company. I am so impressed with their service. You get so used to being treated like you're at Wal-mart that when a company does a good job you're really impressed. I called them to say thanks and let them know they rock.

So many lessons to be learned here...I'd have to say that if your looking for a new digital camera check out a Canon.

1 comment:

Bette said...

Hey - Right on about Canon!! Our church had a Canon copier (bought at Staples) and about 10 months into its first year, stopped working and I couldn't figure it out - more than a paper jam! I called Canon, gave them the #s and date purchased, etc. I was calling to see where I could get it repaired (Staples doesn't do it, of course) They sent me a BRAND NEW COPIER with a box and shipping/packing stuff to send back the OLD ONE - FREE!!! I agree that their service is top notch and that they are certainly in the minority!!! :)

Sis