Sunday, March 2, 2008

District Overnighter

Oh my, am I getting old or what? I was able to say up all night no problem but I did spend all of Saturday sleeping. I don't rebound like I use to. This weekend the district hosted an overnighter in Ft. Wayne. We took a van load from Chapel Pike. I was pretty excited that we were able to take two of our youth sponsors that have never been to a district event. I think they had a great time. We were expecting about 400 to show up but ended up closer to 600. It is one of the biggest district events we do. It was a good time. We started off with a rally and a pizza party at a school in New Haven. The rest of the time was split in two hour segments between bowling, roller skating, lazer tag and go carting. I'd like to add that I won two games of bowling beating everyone's high score from our group. The lazer tag was a good time. I think Amanda, one of our youth sponsors had never been lazer tagging before. While we are at the skating rink I asked one of the teens to take some pictures with my camera. I handed it to him and said, "Don't break my camera. Seriously be careful." Well, you know what I'm going to say next. I went up to him to get the camera back and it was broken. So there will not be any new pictures on the Holland blog. But other than that I think we had a good time.

No comments: