Friday, March 7, 2008

Here's to Good Friends...

This past weekend at a school fundraiser I ran into one of my bestest friends ever!! Susan Cox (aka Shoes -n- Sox) and I were inseparable in our growing up years!! Her family took me with them on several family vacations!! We made memories to last a lifetime on those trips!! :) You can't imagine my surprise seeing her again...it has been YEARS. We still exchange Christmas cards each year and always mention getting together but that's as far as it goes. We both have busy lives, busy families...you know all the excuses. Anyway, it was great to reconnect! I found that with a true friend it doesn't matter how long it has been since you've seen each other...it just seems like yesterday!!

Jaye and Susan ~ Florida '86
Definitely the 80's with those shades!!

Susan ~ I could've picked other pictures but I knew this one
would get a comment out of you!! Love ya Shoes!! :)

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

What a fun picture!!!

What a funny moniker you had for your friend. I LOVE it.

Great post!!

Tina said...

Nice pic! And what was your nickname Jaye? Gotta love the 80's...

I have a college friend like that, Betsy. She lives in MO now with her family, but we pick up like we just saw each other yesterday whenever we call or meet each other. Those friendships are a treasure.