Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Gift that Keeps on Giving!

Years ago at Christmas when money was a bit tight Brian and I had to get creative in our Christmas gifts. We came up with the idea of a "coupon book".


Anna was too small to really benefit from one at the time,
but Jessica and Wes got one of these.

They cashed in on these coupons quite a bit at first. But over the years these particular books have kinda been forgotten about. That was until yesterday when Wes had homework that needed completed. Out comes the coupon for me to finish his homework. It was only a poster that needed "assembled". He already had done the research but the "crafty" part was not his thing. He asked me if I would finish it for him. He even suggested that I could use my cricut. Enough said, he's growing up to be a smart man...giving me a chance to use my scapbooking supplies!

Here are a few examples of the coupons:


awww...Lady Bird is no longer with us...


You will notice Wes "rated" his coupons.

Hey, this one has been used several times. Guess we need to sign off on it!

Anyway, these coupons books make great gifts. There is not a celebration that goes by at our house without a coupon book being given away. It's really fun to see what the kids come up with. I've even made one for Brian. They last quite a while...
this particular book dates back to '03!


2 comments:

Jewel said...

What an awesome idea!! My parents should have totally done this!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Our kids gave us coupon books one year. I can't remember how many we cashed in.