Monday, June 1, 2009

Since high school...


I am getting ready to clean up my office. It is much needed. But before I do I wanted to give you a little insight into a strange side of me, I keep things a long time. This marker I use to highlight in my Bible. When I preach from a section of scripture I get out this orange marker and underline what I am preaching from. Not all that strange, many people do that. What's strange is that I've had this marker since at least high school. So the age of this marker is much older than the teens in our youth group and older than many that are in the seats on any given Sunday at Chapel Pike. Since getting this marker I've graduated high school, finished my degree at IWU, gotten married, had four children, gained 50 pounds, grew a giant bald spot on top of my head, lived in six different houses, served at two different churches as youth pastor, will shortly celebrate my 41st year of life on Wednesday and my 21st year of marriage in a few weeks....

It has been a good marker, still works, it's getting pretty light, but works great for what I do with it. It has been a good marker.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Cool about how old it is - - - but it looks PINK to me.

The Hollands said...

Keetha, maybe time for a new computer screen? Everything looks pink to you? Unless "pink" means something in a sort of hip jr high lingo kinda thing. Maybe it's a science term, or a blogger term? hmmmm I just don't know.
I'm looking forward to riding the Harley your going to get me. :)

dave huffman said...

ha, i would say more than 50 pounds