Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun Family Gatherings!

The "Armstrong" side of my family got together to celebrate my cousin, Ashley's, high school graduation. We took a Sunday afternoon drive down to southern Indiana to celebrate with them!


This is Ashley with her family.
My cousin Dale, his wife Faye, their son Christopher and Ashley's boyfriend.
So really Dale is my cousin so would that make his daughter, Ashley, my 2nd cousin??


So this is the Armstrong men...telling tales I'm sure.
My uncle Freddie on the right, my brother Jim and then cousin Dale

Not such a good picture but here are the ladies listening to the tales.
Cousin Sherry on the right, my neice Alex and sis-n-law Tammy

Here they are...standing still for the moment!
The line up left to right: Cousin Loren, Cousin Christopher,
Uncle Leon, Uncle Freddie, Uncle Don, Brother Jim and Cousin Dale

Here we are...all the Armstrong's that were there!! :)

The Family Business!

Next graduation open house will be in 2011 when Jessica graduates!! WOW!!
Maybe a wedding will be tossed in there before that...hopefully no funerals.
For now we part...until next time!

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

That makes Ashley your first cousin once removed. She is a second cousin to your children.

Now I'm going back to read more about this reunion - - - -

PS - - - I'm in the LIBRARY!!! Our internet went out today for some ridiculous reason, and I'm just a tad addicted to blogging - - - so here I am IN THE LIBRARY.

Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - - I finished reading and I'm back.

I see Alex - - - she's the only one besides you I know.

Speaking of weddings - - - did you notice on my blog that we have one coming soon in the little ole GF Broyles clan?

Keetha Broyles said...

One more thing - - - the "crazy house" is literally a JUNGLE this summer, have you noticed???

The Hollands said...

Thanks for clearing that up for me Keetha...I've always wondered...it's still confusing though!! :)

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I have to go and catch up on your blog...we've been gone for a bit!

We haven't been by "the house" for a while. I do remember the last time we went by in the church van "she" was outside. I told the kiddos stories of when we were in school together...must share w/you sometime!! :) Jess still says when she has a house of her own it's gonna look like that!!! Why, I don't know...just to drive her mama nuts probably! :D

btw...how do you know Alex?? Westview??

Keetha Broyles said...

I know Alex from Teen Camp and one year I believe she was a counselor for me at Jr. High Camp - - - or maybe just worked in the office, don't remember. But I know her from camp.

Now - - - I FOUND Uncle Sam by the bypass, and he has a hot air balloon on the ROOF of the same place too.

Then, I also found the "blow up THING" in front of AT & T. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE???? It looks like an orange bomb. That's all I've got to say about THAT.

Did you see my new internet "toy." Show Brian - - - maybe it will make him jealous.

Just what I needed!!!! I can take my blogging ON THE ROAD!!!!

Hehehehehehehehehehehe