Sunday, December 2, 2007

Another Roof Job

This weekend I spent most of Saturday working on another roof. Anna brought home a school project...so we built a ginger bread house. It was so much fun. Anna is a girly girl and we don't often get to really connect on a lot of things. But this weekend it was all Daddy and his little girl. I had a blast. It was pretty cool being able to work on this with her. I know what your thinking but the project was for us to work on together and to be creative. So we did and we were. You'll notice the first picture is the little house that was sent home with Anna. She had a bag of candy, a cup of frosting and that little house.

Well, we decided to do a little addition. You can see we added a front door, a couple of windows, shutters, an overhang above the door, sugar plum light poles and a complete first floor. Anna was pretty proud of her little project when we were all done and I was proud of her creativity.

And yes, we have working lights! The light poles outside and one light inside.

7 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Anna, this is AWESOME!!!! You inspire me to try one.

I'm not surprised you are crafty - - - I can remember you were already good at family camp in craft classes which I taught.

Sarah said...

SO cute!

Tina said...

Good job Anna! My sister's two children use to make ginger bread houses for Christmas. They think they are too old now that they are 18 and 16. I miss it.

Bekah said...

VERY good job! I'm impressed with the whole thing - but the lights are extra great!

The Hollands said...

that was so cool for everybody to leave a comment for me! I had lots of fun making it with Daddy too. Wesley and jessica helped a little bit.
Anna

Keetha Broyles said...

Anna, you're the bomb!!!

Bette said...

so - didja EAT IT ????

Aunt Bette