Sunday, December 9, 2007

The End of Another Kind of Season

This weekend brought the end of another kind of season at our house....the Holland Birthday Season!! I am reminded that God does have a sense of humor. At least it seems that way when He planned the birth of our children!!

Wesley starts off the festivities with his 13th birthday on October 21st. He enjoyed a family dinner of his choice...t-bone steak. This had to have been the biggest, thickest steak I've ever seen!

grilled to perfection...

Success!! He did have his "peeps" over for some football and video games!!

Jessica's birthday is on November 16th. She turned 15 this year and hosted a "sleep" over with 8 of her closest friends!! Wow...that was a LOT of teenage girls in one space!!!


Joseph's 2nd birthday came on November 21st. He chose a quiet celebration with his family!!

Enjoying some birthday cake!!



Being 2 is hard work!!

Anna finishes up the birthday year on December 8th. She turned 7 this year. She also had a two day celebration by having her friends over on the 7th.

Then she opened our presents on her real b-day, the 8th.

Wow!! She all the sudden looks so old in this pic! :(

Well, all done for another year! Now we can sit back, relax and focus on the most important birthday of all!!! I hope you all are enjoying this joyous season!! ~Jaye~

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaye, this same birthday "trick" happened in our family too!!!

Keri's birthday is Nov. 21, just like your Joseph!!

Korie's birthday is only four days later - - - Nov. 25.

Kelly's birthday is December 6.

But Kyle did his OWN thing and was born on July 16.

The Hollands said...

Hmmmm...what is it about that spring season??? :) I didn't mention my b-day is January 10th...but that's after the start of a new year...so it doesn't fit in with all the others!! :)

Anna said...

Time sure does fly. I was just talking to my mom about the fact that the kids' birthdays are all smooshed together. Its hard to believe they're getting so old but then again you could probably say that about me too. I've seen your kids grow up and you've seen me grow up. Fun times. :)

The Hollands said...

yeppers...I was just thinking how it seemed like yesterday when you got your license and how scared I was seeing you drive that big ole truck...now Jess will be getting hers before long :( BTW...yesterday was a blast...that'll be my next blog!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, I didn't think of that - - - MY BIRTHDAY is Dec. 30, right after my kiddos, but since mine is AFTER Christmas, I never THOUGHT about it being right in line with the others!!!

Sarah said...

I love the pictures! How nice! So... is it Valentine's day that you guys make the most out of, or what?

Bette said...

Hey! I finally got my password to WORK on this thing, so I can again give you my sagacious words and helpful comments! Loved the pix of the kids - they ARE growing so fast..... I think Anna looks like ME in some of MY pictures at that age...ask mom what she thinks - Lucky girl :) ha ha ha

Sent the kids' stuff today - expect it in 3-4 days !

Love you,

The Hollands said...

woo..hoo...presents from Aunt Bette always get opened on Christmas Eve! I guess we'll hafta dig those pics out...I'm sure there are TONS of them!! tee/hee Glad you're up and commenting again!! love ya

Keetha Broyles said...

btw - - - I really like the border you have on your kitchen or dining room wall, the one I can see behind Wesley as he eats his fill of steak.