Tuesday, August 18, 2009

it figures

The other day as I was rolling up my Jeep window I heard a "snap" and the window stop going up. Not too much of a big deal because I was able to push it the rest of the way up and tape it. It looked really silly but I kept dry. I was enjoying the nice cool weather, pulled my tape off and wedged a green pine scented tree air freshener in the window to keep it from going all the way down. I enjoyed driving about town with my window most of the way down. But it happened, the window went down all the way, I couldn't pull it up. So I get out the tools and go to work. Turns out I need a window regulator...to the tune of 200+ dollars. Great! So into the garage it goes waiting on the big lotto to hit this weekend.




The Jeep sits in the garage, in pieces waiting on a part. I start driving the Grand Prix. No a/c! so windows must go down. The first day, with the Jeep in the garage and me driving the Grand Prix, guess what? Yep the window goes down and doesn't go back up. We have lots of rain forecast this week. So the tools come out, I rip the door apart, bad window motor. 80 bucks. Great.


I took the broken motor off, pushed the window back up into the upright position and put the motor back on to keep the window up. I replaced the speaker, the clear-keep-fresh/keep-the-wind noise out-sheet of plastic that is held on by some nasty gluey black stuff. Note: all the bolts holding all that stuff together are nicely, tightly placed inside the door where fat fingers have a hard time getting to. So I'll be driving around without the inside door panel for a while. Come on lotto! Question, has anyone ever won the lotto without buying a ticket? Maybe I'll be the first!

No comments: