Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday


This blog comes to you from the back porch. The grill is lit, the kabobs are cooking, that would be beef/pork/shrimp/mushroom kabobs. What a good day it is. Here's a little update for you...yesterday the big kids and I went to the picture show in Marion to watch X Men. Good show, lots of fighting/action/mixed in with a love story. If you're an X Men fan it's a pretty entertaining movie. Today was a run around day. Jess had several appointments and I ran over to IWU for a taste of the Jr. High Weekend. After the rush this morning, I went to work in the back yard. I moved the Buick from its winter resting place into the "if I get some money I will work on it" summer place in the other garage. One of the rear brakes was hung up....so before I moved it I had to do a little work on the brakes...but it's moved. I really miss driving that car, maybe this summer we can get it back on the road. I got the swing put up out back. Today is one of those days Granny would have joined us outside, especially after I got the swing out. We miss Granny. It's going to be hard to get use to her not being here anymore. That's it, I've got to flip the kabobs. Boy do they smell good!

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh yum!!!! Those look simply fabulous!!! I think we need to fire up OUR grill soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That looks awesome! That is some gooood cookin'.

Did you fix anything to go with it?

Connie

Bette said...

TWO WORDS - YUUUU - UMMMMM! Without the toadstools though :( ewwwww..... peppers and onions though!