Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Char-broilin' on a Cold Winter Day


In 2004, for my birthday, my mom bought me a new grill. We went to Lowe's and I got to pick out the one I wanted. I got this one, a Commercial Series Char-broil grill. I picked this one for a few reasons. I like the black and stainless look. It has a large grilling area. And it has three brass burners. This grill came with a five year warranty on everything and a life time warranty on the burners. I do a lot of grilling and over the years I've had some parts wear out, including the burners. So I got on the phone and called Char-broil. The lady I spoke to really knew her grills. I told her the burners were getting a little worn and there was an uneven flame. She said, "I'll have a new set sent out right away." I checked online and this is a $79.99 replacement part. She also told me when I get to the point I need to replace the burners I would probably need....she mentioned a few parts. I went out to the the grill while I was on the phone and she was right. She sent those parts too. Now the really cool part is the push button lighter. On every grill this part wears out in like 6 months, well she sent one of those too. I did have to pay for shipping, a whopping 8 bucks.

I told you about the amazing Canon service department a while back...Char-Broil is also top on my list. I'll never have to buy another grill but if I did, it would be a Char-Broil.

Oh by the way, I did grill up a couple of steaks this past weekend.....nothing better then grilled meat on a cold winter day. I've got an idea, give us a call and we'll have you over for dinner. I'll be more than happy to fire up the grill.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm ready for my reservation.

Actually, I believe we have that same brand of grill. We have ours hooked up (via a converter kit provided to us from the manufacturer) to natural gas.

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to find out how many people truly read your blog?

Feel free to add the Leonard family to your "can't wait to have your over for dinner" list!

Bette said...

Hey Bro! Great story! I always like when people PRAISE items instead of complaining - though sometimes the latter seem to dominate. I am a firm believer in spreading GOOD news (that's why I'm in this biz) - whatever that GOOD NEWS may be - we get enough bad news and negativity - this is great - Keep the good vibes coming -

Sis