Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation 08-Day 4

Sunday, July 6th

We attended church at Jimmy and Bette’s “old” church, First Baptist Church. After that we loaded up and headed south to the coast. We stopped at Round Pond and picked up some "lobsta". We found that in Maine there is very little use for the letter "R" when it comes at the end of a word! We waited about 20 minutes while they cooked them then headed off to Pemaquid Point. We climbed out on the rocky shoreline to eat our luscious lobster!! My only lobster experience was at Ponderosa for their surf and turf special. Needless to say, we all needed a lesson on the correct way to eat lobster! Jimmy gave us step by step instructions and we all were doing pretty good until he separated the head from the tail and all the green goo spilled out!! We collected ourselves and once again dug into our “crabs” as Joseph called them! BTW, he didn’t want anything to do with the crabs!! He watched us devour them with a disgusted look on his face!! That was an experience I will never forget! Lobster will probably never taste as good as it did that day!! Rumor has it there is a famous lighthouse at Pemaquid Point but it was too foggy to see it from where we were…pretty ironic I thought!


The boat would go out on the bay, catch the lobster and

bring it back to this little shack to sell and cook!


Lobster boats and cages



Enjoying our lobsta!!


Jimmy and Bette


Watching the gulls clean up our scraps!


The waves seemed pretty violent crashing up on the rocks!


Petrified pine cone embedded in the rocks



View on the way back to the car.

4 comments:

dave huffman said...

GAS CITY RULE #38: NEVER EAT FOOD THAT GREEN GOO COMES OUT OF IT.

Hutchins said...

Brian and Jaye, that's a very cool picture of you two, with a backdrop of foggy seashore. I'm a little jealous. I'll be in Boston next week, but only for a conference and Sox game...no ocean views like these. Hope you had fun! And thanks for sharing "sleepy" pictures with us!

Keetha Broyles said...

OH my - - - you're on vacation too!!!! Somehow I missed coming here from my little "perch" at the library on MY vacation. I'll catch up when I get home this week.

Right now we are in MAD TOWN and in a few minutes - - - as soon as I pry Greggie awake - - - we'll be making my annual pilgrimage down to the mecca of Camp Randall Stadium!!!! Yipppeeeee - - - can't wait.

Keetha Broyles said...

I'd LOVE to go to Maine someday - - - and these lobster look YUMMY!!!