Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Past Weekend

This past week has been a whirl wind...let me share with you our family schedule:
Friday, usually my day off but I have worked the last 5 in a row. This Friday I had a wedding rehearsal to lead. One of my former teens, turned former youth sponsor, and our pastors daughter was getting married. I really love the stuff leading up to a wedding, but I must admit I get a little nervous doing the wedding. SO finished up the wedding rehearsal and went out to Pastor Steve's for the rehearsal dinner/cookout. That was a fun night...busy, but fun.

I wake up on Saturday after sleeping in a little and jumped on the mower. Here is your last weeks mowing report: mowed the entire yard. I had skipped some in the back because of the wetness on the back 40. Got that done and did a little cleaning/rearranging in the garage in order to get the Buick out in order to get the porch swing out which I find that we are not putting up this year. Went in, got cleaned up and ready for the wedding. What a great thing it is to be asked to be involved in a wedding. To me it's a big honor. Suzie was beautiful...Josh very handsome and what a great couple they are. Finished the wedding, yes I did cry a little and got made fun of afterwards. Just to let you know, it's a big deal to marry off one of your teen girls. Special. Anyway finished the wedding and on to the reception at IWU. One little story...Suzie was tossing her bouquet and it landed in one of the IWU banquet room lights...very funny. I had a friend toss a dirty diaper into one of those lights before but that's a different story. He got in trouble for it, Suzie didn't.

So Saturday comes to an end and here comes Sunday...I have a Sunday School class to lead then I preach at the morning service. That goes ok and right after that off to the church picnic. We had our picnic this year down at a local park. It was well attended and many church folks came and hung out.

Monday...went shopping for garden stuff. Guess what...all the garden stores were closed. I knew they would be but we ended up at Lowes and Walmart for our veggies. Those are in the ground and we are now waiting for produce. Jaye and I took the kids to see Indiana Jones that afternoon and had to sit in the second row. Not the best seats in the house but we did enjoy the movie. It was a little of a let down, but worth going to see.

Tuesday back to work....Wednesday getting ready for youth group. Anna is out of school for the summer today. The big kids finish up tomorrow. YEA! This year went by much like the weekend. Here and gone. I'm looking forward to the summer with the kiddos.
There ya go, you are up to speed on the Hollands.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LEARNED ABOUT HOLLAND IN MY SCHOOL LIFE. YOUR WEBSITE IS NICE.
MY SITE IS :
http://www.bangladeshtourism.blogspot.com
NOT PERSONAL BUT EXPRESSING MYSELF.
BYE.

Jess said...

Ahem...glad Suzie didn't get in trouble!:-)

Stevan said...

Glad to know you still consider me a friend!

The Hollands said...

Ha...guess we all know who tossed the diaper!! ~Jaye :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I thought the same thing as soon as Steven made that reply - - - without that, I wouldn't have KNOWN who it was.

Bette said...

Dirty diapers aside - congrats on the wedding - so Brian, do you feel OLD? When some young person from your YOUTH GROUP gets married...... :) Since you will be hitting the BIG FOUR OH - Oh, Bif!!! How can my baby bro be 40????

Anyway - I know whatcha mean about the days "off" - I have Thursdays "off" Everything is always scheduled for Thursdays - not MY church, but the Baptist meetings, the Disciple of Christ meetings, clergy lunches, etc..... I pick and choose - but there have been times when I have worked 3-4 in a row :( Such is the job.....

and usually when I work on my "day off", I end up doing a Saturday activity, as well, so THAT WEEK I have NO DAY OFF - and that ain't good.....

See ya soon~
Sis
OOPS - was I not supposed to tell your age????!! ;)