Monday, May 19, 2008

Frequency @ IWU

This past week I spent Thursday/Friday and part of Saturday at IWU attending a youth pastor conference called Frequency. I went with very little expectations. I had talked my good friend Jon Crandall into going with me. I was looking forward to hanging out with him all weekend. However, once the conference started I was really IMPRESSED. It was amazing. I can see myself going back every year. The two main speakers were Darren Whitehead from Willow Creek, IL and Shaun Blakeney from Palm Beach, FL formally from Saddle Back. I really thought these guys would be totally different than they were. Both were down to earth, humble and really gave the impression they cared about us "little" guys with "little" youth ministries. They spoke from the heart, were very intelligent and seemed wise. Each night I drove home with tons of ideas and was just so excited to get back the next day. There is an image that many have about some of those in leadership in IWU's youth department. That for me really started to change after this conference. I saw a different side of people that I didn't know was there. It was good. The worship band "Paradigm" was really good. The speakers were great and the entire event was amazing. I am going to work on getting my other youth pastor buddies to go next year. Well worth the time. I'll be there next year, no question!

No comments: