Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day '08

Sorry for the lack of posting on the "female" side of the Holland House! I have been crazy busy and really haven't made the time to do this...but I'm back.

Mother's Day was a great day for me. It actually was a whole weekend of activities. I woke up early Saturday to head South with my brother, Jim, and sis-n-law, Tammy. We were actually heading to a small town in southern Indiana called Deputy. We did have a few stops along the way to watch a nephew play ball and to check out another nephews Symphony in Color picture hanging at the Indiana Museum of Art.

Way to go, Heisman!

Around 4 pm we arrived in Charlestown, Indiana. This is the where my G-pa and G-ma Armstrong lived and died. It holds a lot of fun memories for me. It was bittersweet to see the way things have changed. There are times I wish I could go back to the way it was then...but time marches on! Happy childhood memories are a wonderful thing! :)

Heading back north we finally arrived at our destination. We were celebrating my cousin, Christopher Armstrong graduating from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Along with the celebration it was great to see the Armstrong side of the family. We have to take advantage of the "happy" celebrations when we can for we all know the sad ones will come!

Sunday my celebrating weekend continued with Mothers Day!! It was a homemade Mothers Day for us as we are sticking with our "Financial Peace" practices! Wesley wrote me a lovely thank you note which of course made me cry. He would kill me if I shared it with you! Anna wrote me a poem and made me some cute "coffee filter" butterflies. Joseph along with some help from Jess made me a cute picture card. Jess burned me a couple cd's of my favorite songs!! The gifts were all thoughtful and came from the heart...that means the world to me!

Joseph's "card" to me

Too many people were "staring" at Joseph
while we were getting this picture taken.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhhh you all look so cute together! Ready for a fun season of camp!!

Keetha Broyles said...

I really like the artwork!!! I see the piano keys and notes - - - how did he get that lovely sugary effect around his hands?

Amanda said...

aw it looks like you had a pretty awesome mothers day weekend! thats good! home made gifts always seem to mean the most! :-)

Unknown said...

mowing report??????????????????????????/