Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mowing Report--Day TWO

Keetha, sorry for taking so long to update the mowing report. I had the opportunity to preach this weekend and spent my "posting" time working out the power point for the service. I know that thousands have been waiting & wanting the mowing update. So here it is :) Day two was a hurried mowing adventure with a morning full of grief and sadness. Jaye and I attended the funeral and then joined the family at the funeral dinner. That dinner was a great opportunity to catch up with friends. We sure miss them in our lives on a regular basis. It was great to see them, but our hearts ache for them. So after all that I rushed home, hooked up the trailer and headed back to town to pick up some bedroom furniture. Thanks Gale for the hook up on that! Then racing the rain that the weather folks told us was coming, I fired up the Simplicity and finally got to the yard. I couldn't believe how fast the grass grew. It was like I never even cut it. You'll remember last week I started the season off with a full tank of gas, this week the gauge dropped to half full, or half empty if you're that type of person. So that means I'll be spending about 5 bucks each time I mow. Arghhh. Jaye dug out the electric weedeater and did some trimming, yard is looking good.
From Last Year~ Season 2007

5 comments:

Bekah said...

I mowed either Tuesday or Wednesday, and by Saturday I looked like the decay of western society again. But I'm trying to carefully space the mowings, so i didn't mow again. And now with today's rain, it'll be a foot high by tomorrow or wednesday when I need to hit it again. :(

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE this mowing picture.

The reason I asked was 'cause Greg mowed AFTER you did the first time, and by the time I asked you that question our lawn was nearly going to seed!!!! (exaggeration - - - but not much.)

HOWSOEVER - - - Greg mows really HIGH as that is part of his whole "I've gotta have the greenest and bestest lawn in town" mentality, so I didn't know if ours was that high that fast because of the way he mows - - - or if EVERYBODY'S was growing like - - - well, growing like GRASS!!!! Hehehehehehehe

The Hollands said...

Bekah, Wesley and I would be happy to come over and take over you mowing responsibilities.

Keetha, I too keep the deck at a high level to insure a thick green lawn. I can't do the lawn treatments so I do what I can to keep it looking lush.

Bekah said...

Maybe I could just bring you my yard? I'll keep the driveway and you can have the rest. ;) If today is sunny, I think I might just be home free on getting it done!

Bette said...

I have two words for all of you!!

Ground Cover