Friday, February 1, 2008

Winter Pounding

Last night after watching the news the Hollands prepared for one of the worst snow storms of the year. We did the normal stuff, milk, eggs and bread from the store. Gloves, hats and scarves set out for the trip to the mailbox or some snowman building. The kids went to sleep all jazzed up knowing that the morning would bring a fun filled day of snowball fights, fort building, sledding and building the favorite giant snowman.
The professional weather forecaster said that it would start about 9 pm, bedtime. So about midnight, after falling asleep on the couch, Jay Leno woke me up. I peeked out the window on the way to bed, NO SNOW. Well, the weather folks must have missed the timing a bit because when we woke up and ran to the window we were greeted by grass peeking through the skimming of snow that we received.
Those guys/gals on tv have no idea what they are talking about. I wonder if they go home after a long day of lying to us and laugh. Do they work for the big bread/eggs/milk companies. "We've not sold enough milk this month, call the weather puppets and have a fake snowstorm. Stat!" They must be in cahoots with the school bus drivers too. Check this out, very little snow, roads are wet and NO school today. I will enjoy the day with the kids. Fridays are my day off so that's a good thing. But come summer when I think my kids should start summer vacation they will be making up "Snow Days" because the milk companies didn't sell enough milk.

7 comments:

Bekah said...

I told mom that this is the grumpiest bunch of office workers I've seen in a while. The forecasts were bad enough to even get OUR hopes up for a snow day (and it takes a minimum of a foot of snow for us to become hopeful!)

And for this I went to Wal-Mart at 6:30 yesterday morning? I like your theory. I think it may be right.

Bette said...

Here in the Niagara Falls area, we ALSO got the "big storm a-comin" news/weather. I have not watched or listened to the weather, as a practice, for over a year now - They are trying to PREDICT the weather (ever changing - nature)for a BROAD area - and consequently are never RIGHT on target - It can be perfectly calm and clear at MY house, and I drive to the church (which is less than 5 miles from my home) and it will be snowing, with snow on the ground! And the weather guy/gal is showing a map of 6-8 states???? C'mon - here's how you know what the weather is - you LOOK outside - you GO outside - and dress and plan accordingly! :)

PS Our BIG STORM put about 2 inches of snow (with grass peeking out in some areas) and school as usual...... hmmmphh

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - you are letting down the northern part of the world if you went and bought bread, milk and eggs!!!!! I thought that was just a southern phenomenon!!! Next time buy steak or at the least hamburger and chocolate and MAYBE then the weather will come through!!!!!

;-)

Terhune Family said...

We actually were stocked up on the essentials, although I did think about going to the store for enchilada sauce - it was the ingredient missing for a favorite quick recipe. We actually had some snow when I went to bed at 11 last night. It was the same amount we had when I got up :(

Keetha Broyles said...

Good for you, Kari - - - none of that bread and milk thing for you!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

The Patriots took a "winter pounding" of another kind last night.

I'M LOVING IT!!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaye - - - Deven says to try Google Reader. (Program to alert you to new posts)