Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What a Good Morning Surprise

Look what I woke up to this morning!! Our kitty had kitties!! We've been awaiting this day anxiously...well, the girls in the house anyway!! We noticed last month that Tito was putting on a little weight. Then it was quite obvious that it just wasn't her winter coat. We figured the "crime" had occurred while we were in Florida and she was alone in the house with her "mate".

Anyway, this didn't at all play out like I imagined it. I figured I would have more of a role in this whole thing. But...I went to bed and she was pregnant...I woke up and we have four kittens. Hmmm, must have been a pretty smooth process!! Funny thing is this all happened on the floor by Joseph's crib. This kid wakes up when he hears the doorknob to our bedroom turn but he sleeps thru the whole birthing process right under his crib!!!

Well, if anyone is in the market for kitties we'll have some for you...2 pure white ones (the twins is what I call them), 1 mostly black w/some white and 1 mostly white w/some black.

Black one getting bathed.

"Miley" getting her bath...Anna's been naming these.

12 comments:

Anna said...

Aww, I'm going to have to come over and see them. Do you guys remember coming over to my house and seeing Ladybird born?

Keetha Broyles said...

I think cats having kittens is plumb amazing!!! Once we had a cat who had her kittens on the carpet UNDER OUR BED. There was nary a drop of mess left behind. Not one drop. How DO they do that? If I was forced to have even ONE baby under a bed, well let's just say the carpet would have to be THROWN AWAY!!!!!

Amy R. said...

How cool! I'm so jealous! I may have someone who wants a couple. I'll get in touch with her and let you know!

Bekah said...

THey are so precious! In all the years that I lived at home with a cat who had litters at least twice every year...I never once got to watch. :( But I loved playing with the little cuties!

The Hollands said...

Anna - I remember watching Ladybird being born...and when the time came we took her home with us. Now you can repay the favor in 6-8 weeks!! :)

Keetha - I was quite surprised she cleaned up after herself like she did...glad no one expected ME to do that after giving birth!! tee/hee And thinking of the whole process makes me want to vomit!!!

Amy - Let me know if you have any leads of forever homes for our babies...I guess Art in Motion will take them to sell...maybe.

Bekah - We have been giving them lots of lovin'...maybe a bit too much cause now mama has moved them under the crib and they're much harder to get to!! :(

Tina said...

They are so cute! Been thinking of giving Raffi a playmate. Maybe when they are old enough, I'll make up my mind. If I can take one, I'd like the mostly black one. Do you have an "on hold" policy? :O)

The Hollands said...

Tina - you can have any one you want..or all...even the mama!! ha! You're the 1st to ask...you get 1st choice!!

Tina said...

I just want one more cat, thank you. The almost black one as soon as it can eat regular cat food. I tried taking care of a three week old cat early last summer and he died. Do not want that experience again.

Unknown said...

I want one! But you would have to keep it till I get married. That is if Josh would let me have one!

Suzie Q said...

By the way, I haven't updated my blog because I couldn't remember what my username was for it but I just figured it out so I may be putting an update there soon. And I really do want a kitten!

The Hollands said...

Suzie - I'm anxious for an update!! I just quit checking it!! You better check with Josh first about the new addition to your family!!! :)

Bette said...

I would LOVE an all white cat - we have an all black one (her name is Snowflake) Perhaps we could name a white one Coal?

Sis