Monday, March 9, 2009

Random-ness

B-O-R-I-N-G....I haven't posted anything because there hasn't been anything EXCITING to share on the world wide web! My hubby says I've abandoned our blog for facebook. Feeling somewhat guilty, I guess I better update! After all I know we have blog readers out there that are not on facebook (why I ask??)

Life has become VERY disciplined at our house! Brian and I both have stuck ourselves back on the Atkins Diet. He LOVES it...all the meat you can eat. He is in beef jerky heaven and our dehydrators are getting the workout! I'm okay with it but I miss my breakfast of choice...oats or cereal! It'll be worth it :)

Not only can we not eat everything in sight...we can't BUY it either. We have started back up in the Financial Peace University. Brian and I are helping lead a seminar at our church. We have returned to the budgeting (wish we didn't fall away from it in the 1st place) and are working on the baby steps. We totally love this stuff...just takes a lot of discipline!

So Discipline...what doesn't kill ya will make you a stronger person! :)

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I will GLADLY tell you WHY I'm not on Facebook - - - I CAN'T STAND IT.

I love blogging. I miss you when you aren't on here - - - but I'll always wait for you to come back!!!

:-)

(For me Facebook is WAY too random.)

Bekah said...

I had been checking back too! Missed you on here. And you know me - big love of discipline - so I'm all about it!

Bette said...

I'm with Keetha - :) I miss your blog when it is OUT OF DATE :(

I was JUST thinking the other day about going back on Dr Atkins' meat-and-cheese-egg-lovin' meal plan :) I do okay - Lost a lot of weight at one time - but like you, I miss my oatmeal and BREAD!! But Sometimes the jump start and the quick loss is motivating to just cut back in general - and after you get a good start, you can "sneak" oats and bread and PASTA back in ??? Dr. would not approve, but he's dead - so what good was the diet for him? ha ha ha - Someone asked why I was not on Facebook - she said, "All sorts of people can find you!" I raised an eyebrow and said I don't want to be found....

B