Wednesday, June 4, 2008

3M Painters Tape - two thumbs UP!!


I'm not one to complain about a product...unless encouraged to do so! You may remember our blog a few weeks ago about our misfortune with the 3M Painters Tape. If not, check it out. We received a comment by "anonymous" saying we should contact the company. We thought it seemed a bit fishy...usually even our "anonymous" comments come from people we know. We did a little research and realized that the person making this comment was from the 3M Corporation. My first thought was, "uh oh, I'm in trouble...I really didn't mean to bad mouth their product...I'm sorry!! I won't do it again!" Then I finally worked up my nerve to call the 1-800# and was quite surprised at the outcome! I explained the problem we had and even went as far to say that it was probably my fault for not letting the paint "cure" for a couple days. The operator was very friendly and apologetic and offered to send me a new roll of tape...the correct tape that should be used for my type of project!! Well, in about a weeks time I had a new roll of tape, tons of coupons for various 3M products and a letter of apology! Yippee for 3M's marketing/customer service departments...they are on the ball!! BTW...we did find if you googled "3M" that our blog did come up. Apparently they have some guy hired just for that particular job! ~Jaye

2 comments:

Amy R. said...

I'm sure they have a computer program that scans all the blogs for their products. I know the company Chris used to work for has one and they came across Chris' blog frequently. Glad we had the site meter to see that they were doing it!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh that is cool!!!! Hmmmm, what do I want free - - - what can I talk about on MY blog?!? Hehehehehehehe